I’m at all times searching for a greater hydration answer, particularly in the case of discovering a bladder or bottle that’s going to work nicely in a number of paddle craft. After I first noticed the Modl Bottle hydration system, I used to be immediately intrigued by its general design, flexibility and usefulness. I hoped it is perhaps a substitute to the generally cumbersome hydration bladder.
The Modl Bottle is made by Modl Open air. It’s a 32 oz. meals grade silicone bottle that opens on each ends. It has squared off sides to maintain it from rolling when on its facet. As a result of it’s made with pliable silicone, it’s actually grippy. It’s collapsable, can maintain water at temperatures anyplace from freezing to boiling, and it comes with a wide range of mix-and-match attachments, together with:
- A water filter.
- A hydration hose.
- A twig nozzle.
On paper, the Modl Bottle Hydration system seemed unbelievable.
In apply, some vital professional’s bore out within the testing:
- The large opening on each ends makes for straightforward cleansing and filling.
- It’s an amazing selection for journey due to the way it folds down and save areas when empty.
- The nozzle attachment is nice for fast rinses and clear ups.
- The filter attachment is handy and works nicely when you’ll want to tackle questionable water (mountain climbing and worldwide journey.)
However there have been some sudden cons:
- The bottles are inclined to leak. The threads have to match the chrome steel ends of the bottles completely, and that may be difficult.
- I is tough to syphon all of the water out of the bottle when utilizing an extended hydration hose.
- in case you are vulnerable to shedding issues like lids, then this isn’t the system for you. The mesh bag it comes with isn’t fairly giant sufficient to carry all of the parts in a single place.
Questionable for Chattajack
I hoped to have the ability to use three of those bottles for my hydration for this 12 months’s Chattajack. I assumed they is perhaps simpler to handle and change out through the race than bladders. After testing within the surfski, I’m not so certain. The leakage situation is worrisome. I examined three bottle and all of them have the problem. Not one of the different evaluations I’ve learn on the product point out this, so possibly it’s simply me. However I can’t run the danger of shedding all my hydration and diet throughout Chattajack. Or any exercise, for that matter.
I did discover that the bottle slipped into the hydration sleeve of my Vaikobi lifejacket with no situation and it was comfy to put on in that trend.
I do like the opposite points for the bottle and can proceed to make use of it for journey and different actions. It’s going to make a useful device when tenting and as a normal water bottle. However until there are some refinements, undecided it will likely be an amazing hydration system substitute for the tried and true hydration bladder. Particularly contemplating the worth – $25 for simply the bottle, as much as over $100 for all of the add-ons just like the filter, hydration hose, and so forth.