Paddle Monster Zoom Collection
Welcome to the Chattajack Zoom collection, a four-part Zoom expertise by which the Paddle Monster Coaches and particular friends maintain a dialogue on vital, Chattjack prep subjects.
If you wish to really be ready, embrace these Zoom classes as a part of your race preparation and understanding. These classes will cowl all the pieces from an intro to this iconic race to issues that may assist paddlers perceive the course. Led by Coach Cain, the collection will happen on Wednesday evenings at 7:30 PM ET. The schedule consists of:
– September 22, 7:30 PM ET – Half 1 – Find out how to Practice to Efficiently Race 31 Miles ~
– September 29, 7:30 PM ET – Half 2 – Drafting – Making use of These Round You
– October 6, 7:30 PM ET – Half 3 – Fueling your Efficiency – Diet and Hydration Ideas
– October 13, 7:30 PM ET – Half 4 – Figuring out the Course – Pre-race and In-race suggestions
These Zoom classes are free for Paddle Monster Coaching/Teaching members with a Fundamental membership or above. Not a Paddle Monster Teaching member and also you’d prefer to be? If that’s the case, be a part of right here! In any other case, register for the Chattajack Zoom collection for $10 right here.
Half 1 – Find out how to Practice to Efficiently Race 31 Miles
An interactive dialogue on the suitable coaching for Chattajack together with:
- The kind of coaching try to be doing – is it too late to start out coaching? Find out how to profit from the time left.
- How a lot coaching is sufficient?
- Land-based work vs. on-water work
- Lengthy paddles – how lengthy and the way usually?
- Do I must do velocity work?
- Periodizing your work
- Do I want to incorporate energy work in my coaching?
- Discovering the correct “gear” to paddle in (assume gears on a motorbike)
- Altering gears – why and the way usually?
- Growing a “resting approach” that you should use within the race
Half 2 – Drafting – Making use of These Round You
An interactive dialogue on drafting at Chattajack together with:
- Why must you draft?
- Find out how to draft
- Techniques and Technique
- Draft prepare suggestions
- Hooking as much as draft with full strangers and draft prepare etiquette
Half 3 – Fueling your Efficiency
An interactive dialogue on pre- and in-race vitamin and hydration together with:
- How a lot gas do you want
- Water vs. combine
- Growing your plan, together with the merchandise you’ll use
- Ideas particular to Chattajack
Half 4 – Figuring out the Course – Pre-race and In-race suggestions
An interactive dialogue on the venue, the race, and the Gorge, together with:
- Downtown Chattajack and the venue
- Hales Bar
- Registration and logistics
- The beginning
- The racecourse
- Ideas and recommendations